Electronic Signatures app is a powerful tool to prevent unauthorized actions on Jira issues and save your data. We realize that no changes should ruin your compliance with the FDA regulation CFR 21 part 11. That's why we're doing our best to make your path from Server / Data Center to Cloud easy and smooth. You should not worry about losing your data due to moving to a new environment. In cooperation with the free Atlassian plugin, we ensure a fast and robust mechanism to move your electronic signatures to the cloud instance. No extra effort or cost.
Electronic Signatures Server vs Cloud
Differences in Electronic Signatures Server and Cloud
We're working hard to ensure the most similar functionality in Cloud as you're used to seeing in Server. But there are some differences due to the absolutely different architecture between Server and Cloud. The good news is core functions and usability are the same.
What data is migrated?
We provide the ability to migrate the full history of executed electronic signatures. Records from the Electronic Signatures tab will be available on your cloud site as you're used to seeing them in Jira server.
Prerequisites for migration
- Your Jira instance runs on version 8.14 or above.
- Your version of the Electronic Signatures plugin is 3.0.6-jira8 or above.
- You've looked through Atlassian's documentation about a Jira Cloud Migration Assistant.
- You are a Jira admin.
- Install Electronic Signatures plugin or re-install it if you already have it on your Jira Cloud site. You have to re-install the app only once, before your first Electronic Signatures app migration.
- On Server, enable feature flags for app migration in the server instance of Jira. Use the following link <Jira_URL>/secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa and add
com.atlassian.jira.migration.app-migration.feature to Site Wide Dark Features if it is absent.
- Default Loggers section click Configure logging level for another package and add necessary packages with Track level:
When all prerequisites are met, you are able to migrate your data from Server/DC to Cloud.
Steps to follow to migrate from Jira Server or Data Center to Jira Cloud:
- To migrate data, go to Jira Administration settings in Jira Server → System.
- Select Migrate to cloud in Import and Export section → Manage your migration and click Create new migration button.
- On the next page, you may find a short Atlassian explanation about the migration steps. Click Connect to cloud to continue.
Specify the name of migration and your cloud site, so that to connect your Server and Cloud instances.
Depending on whether the appropriate projects already exist in the cloud, choose which data to migrate. You can transfer Electronic Signatures plugin data during or after the project migration.
- You can choose to migrate all or some of your projects. You won’t be able to migrate projects with project keys that already exist in your Jira Cloud destination site.
- Choose how you want to migrate users and groups. Learn more about user and group migration.
- In the next step, Jira Cloud Migration Assistant will perform checking and notify you if there are any warnings or blockers for migration data from Server to Cloud.
- Carefully read and evaluate all the warnings, if any, before starting the migration. If you decide to Continue and fix later, you can come back to view the errors once you have saved your migration.
- After you click Run, the process will start and you will be able to see progress and migration status on the Migration dashboard. It takes some time, depending on your data size.
Once your migration is complete, you can go to your project on Jira cloud site and find migrated Electronic Signatures.
- To check Jira logs, go to Jira Administration → System → Troubleshooting and support tools.
- On Create support zip tab, click Customize zip and select from the list Jira application logs.
- In the downloaded file, you can find information about the migration result.
What you have to consider to keep enjoying Electronic Signatures plugin and stay safe in a new environment:
- Electronic Signatures validator and post function can't be migrated and their purposes are slightly different in cloud. Read our documentation carefully and reconfigure them.
- Migrated history of signatures does not contain names of Electronic Signatures custom field (User Validator, Logged User Validator fields) as they are not available in cloud.
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact the Anova Apps Products team at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Service Desk .